Saturday, April 29, 2017

SCA A&S 100 Challenge - Day 1

Some SCA friends have proposed an A&S Challenge in the style of the armoured combatant Century Drill Challenge (100 blows for 100 days). The aim is to work on A&S projects for (at least ten minutes a day) for 100 days.

The point of the challenge is to build habit and consistency, reduce the number of Unfinished Objects (UFOs) we all have, and (hopefully,) generate enthusiasm.

I have such a large pile of ongoing projects at hand at any given time that it is unusual for me to go a day without doing ten minutes of A&S work. I am hoping that the Challenge will help me to keep better records of what I am doing and blog more often. I prefer to blog items when they are finally complete because it all seems a little disjointed - especially at the beginning of a project and because I jump from unfinished project to unfinished project. But maybe getting into the habit of blogging as an ongoing process will mean more things get blogged.

Today I worked on some split stitch Championship patches for friends in my SCA group. I got two washed and blocked. They just need backing. Another two are still in the hoop.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the on-going posts, Ms Fionn! I've just read them backwards since June - I hope your fingers and your lungs are both happier in the mid-summer weather!
    Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Oops - it's more like "mid-winter" weather, eh? Still I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is coming into winter here :-) But thank you; I am on the mend.

    ReplyDelete