Friday, September 8, 2017

Girl's Italian Gown



Today I finished the girl's Italian gown that I have been working on. It is a gift for a little friend's birthday this weekend, so I just scraped it in in time. It is cotton broadcloth with commercially produced pink gimp braid. The Birthday Girl loves pink, but her mum hates the colour. So this dress  is a compromise. It has cap sleeves with fabric puffs, because the Birthday Girl usually wears only a chemise underneath. It has a couple of tucks in the hem to allow for growth, which also helps to hold the hem out. It is a size 8 so that she will get (hopefully) at least two or three years worth of wear out of it.

This is the third or fourth gown that I have finished this year - I really must try to blog some dress diaries soon. Hopefully I can get some nice shots of the recipient wearing the dress.




2 comments:

  1. How sweet! Please try to get a picture. Many years ago, I used to make gowns for the daughter of a friend. That daughter has since grown up to own her own corset company and is quite the accomplished artist. I'm so proud. Fionna

    ReplyDelete