Monday, May 21, 2018

Evil Woman Bores Furry Helper With "Maintenance" Sewing

My furry helper has been really unwell lately with congestive heart failure and kidney disfunction. She has had a spell in hospital and the vet has given me a very sombre prognosis and told me to enjoy every minute we have together. I must keep her calm and not let her do anything that will cause stress or excitement. This includes some of the Best Things, such as going for walks or drives, barking at the postman and chasing cats or birds.
Needless to say, she is finding the new regime horribly boring, and would like to spend less time helping me with projects and more time doing Exciting Things.




One of the (admittedly quite boring) tasks I had to do recently was add lace onto the sleeve hems of an old chemise to make it look a bit nicer. I think it is worth the effort as those sorts of small touches takes garb just that little bit closer to the clothing in sixteenth century portraits.

Another Boring Thing was taking up an old dress. I am finding that I really start stooping when I am tired and have a tendency to trip on my hem as the event wears on, so I am putting tucks in the hems of most of my dresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment